Damage restoration usually refers to the situation in which a basement is flooded, hence the damage is water damage. Doing nothing is not an option because the result will be dangerous and unhealthy mold and mildew.
Causes of water damage include
- Leaking or frozen water lines or pipes
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machine or dishwasher overflow
- Heavy rain or storms
- Cresting rivers or streams
These are the things that can be done about water damage
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying of affected areas such as walls, carpet, padding and furniture
- Cleaning and restoration of possessions such as clothes, linens, books and documents
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Locating and repairing the source of leaking water
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Aside from water damage, there is fire or smoke damage.
Fire damage includes
The acidic soot and smoke damage that is often produced in fires accelerates the deterioration and corrosion of building components and vital assets. To compound the problem, fires are most frequently extinguished with dry chemicals or water. Plus, the toxic smoke odor left behind must be neutralized and deodorized.
Fire damage may call for a company to
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization
- Environmentally friendly methods for cleaning soot and other residue from fire damage
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts
- Reconstruction of the affected areas
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
If you have a water or fire damage mitigation company in the Roaring Fork Valley or on the Western Slope, don’t hesitate to get in touch to be featured in our directory!